Cup holders

Talking about the boats in general, that don't fit in the other categories.
occasion

Cup holders

Post by occasion »

I know this may sound mundane, but has anyone mounted cup holders?
Can you submit photos of the locations that you found useful and not in the way?
Thank you.

Sandy
Occasion #368
Rochester, NY
trashpad

Cup holders

Post by trashpad »

Haven't needed them yet. This is the fun point I like to bring up to the monohull owners at the marina when the ask how Reboot sails.
Mark

Cup holders

Post by Mark »

Cups are usually stable on the shelves below the instruments but a very large power boat wake or motoring into a steep chop can dislodge them and then its a mess. A raised wooden lip would probably work well. We often have an ice chest in the cockpit that we use as a table and that has built in cup holders. An ice chest on the ama can work but it has to be covered so spray doesn't enter and melt the ice; so for constant use the cockpit is best. Almost invariably when its on the ama, there is no spray, the cover gets left off and the wind comes up and the ice is gone.
drsm

Cup holders

Post by drsm »

I use a small piece of rubberized cabinet liner to keep things in place on the small shelf below the instrument panels. Those also work to keep things in place on the nav table.
seicam

Cup holders

Post by seicam »

I've just found a reference to this product in a magazine I subsribe to: http://www.selectplastics.com/index.php ... 4&vmcchk=1

It's a bit pricey, but it might be what you are looking for.

Regards,
Maciek
luigisante

Cup holders

Post by luigisante »

West has foldign cup holders for $5-10 bucks ea.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/62817/377%20710/0/folding%20cup%20holders/Primary%20Search/mode%20matchallpartial/0/0?N=377%20710&Ne=0&Ntt=folding%20cup%20holders&Ntk=Primary%20Search&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&Nao=0&Ns=0&keyword=folding%20cup%20holders&isLTokenURL=true&storeNum=62&subdeptNum=63&classNum=63

If they are not nice enough you can get them made out of teak or stainless for approx. $30 ea.

defender probably has even cheaper prices.

Then again, you can wait until strictly sail in Anapolis this October and buy a whole bunch at the marine flea market.

Lou G.