Boat US annual membership 50% off

Details on what you get for being an ITOA member, and how to get it.
Dan

Post by Dan »

The International Telstar Owners Association has a new benefit - we are a co-operating group with Boat/US. That means that our members can get a 50% reduction in the $25 per year Boat/US dues, thereby paying only $12.50 per year to join Boat/US.

What will that do for you? Along with their well written monthly boating magazine, their group discounts of many products and services including marine insurance, and access to their data base on many boating topics - you also get free water and on-road towing thru TowBoat/US (at a minimal level with the ability to upgrade for reasonable costs). But most importantly, you will be supporting an organization who has a long history in defending the rights of boaters in Washington and all of the states. Most recently, they were the major force in defeating regulations that would mandate significant pumpout/bilge fees for all recreational boaters that should have been targeted only at commercial shipping which has been spreading foreign organisms in their large bilge tanks.

If you join or renew you membership with Boat/US and you are a member of our association, enter group number GA-85014B on the form and pay half the amount.
dcsailing1

Post by dcsailing1 »

The group number didn’t work for me online and with a rep. on the phone when I tried to renew. Rep said no record of this number. They switched me to the group person’s voice mail, I left a message, but no response so far. Anyone else have a problem or success?
drsm

Post by drsm »

I joined about 3 weeks ago and it worked fine, although I think I had to use IE rather than my usual Firefox.

Steve
Ron

Post by Ron »

Our group number is correct in the previous post - GA85014B. Maybe it was the hyphen that I used before (GA-85014B)? One document has the hyphen and the other does not. Flip a coin maybe. I just called their liason to see what's happening. Waiting for her return call.

Boat US is leading the boaters fight against Ethanol 15. They do this kind of stuff. Someone has to.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
dcsailing1

Post by dcsailing1 »

Thanks Ron, I will stand by until you post a response from US Boat.
Ron

Post by Ron »

Dave -

Just spoke to Boat US. The GA85014B number is good. Someone there must have keyed it in wrong. Try calling them again.

You might want to think about their Trailer Club as well. Similar to TowBoat US. They almost had to pick me up on I75 near Jacksonville last week, but I was able to nurse the trailer over to a service center after carefully hosing down the overheated drum brakes (400 degrees) at a rest stop. Had the tires blown out they would gave gotten me, but they located a trailer center not too far away. Didn't want them to attempt to get the trailer and boat on a flatbed or ?? Not sure how they would even attempt to bring something like this in.

By the way, I got your paypal renewal today. Thanks.
Ron Marcuse
dcsailing1

Post by dcsailing1 »

Thanks Ron. I just renewed on line with Fire Fox with no problem. This time I used our group # without the hyphen. BTW I did get the trailer tow package this time. Thanks for the help!

The membership fee is a bargain. Thanks to all who keep the T28 forum up and running!
Ron

Post by Ron »

I reprinted the following from the Boat/US group web site. A copy of the membership application is attached. - Ron

We’ve Signed On for Another Big Year with BoatU.S.!

The BoatU.S. Cooperating Groups program has proven so popular with members that club officers are renewing our partnership for another year.

BoatU.S. provides a vast range of services, information and savings to recreational boaters, including:
• Members-only discounts and Member Rewards with West Marine equipment purchases
• Discounts on fuel, overnight slips, and repairs at more than 850 marinas nationwide
• BoatU.S. will pay up to $50 per incident On-The-Water Towing with your basic membership - provided by the nation's largest towing network
• Higher-option per incident towing service levels are available up to Unlimited
• Access to high-value, low-cost group-rate boat insurance
• Full year subscription to the award-winning BoatU.S. Magazine
• An effective lobby that fights unfair taxes, fees, and government regulations that target boat owners

Because of this special arrangement, you can get 50% off the regular annual dues rate of $25 when you join BoatU.S. – the nation’s largest Association of recreational boat owners. Your dues are only $12.50 for the year! ($15 for International Members – regularly $30)

If you are renewing your BoatU.S. Membership, be sure to mention our Cooperating Group ID number GA85014B to get the specially reduced rate.

Club officers encourage you to take advantage of this valuable program that is available only to BoatU.S. Cooperating Groups like us!
Ron Marcuse
Pat Ross

Post by Pat Ross »

I renewed my BOAT US Membership today using the ITOA code but it actually cost me a little more to do that. I am a long time member of the Power Squadron. That particular group gets a cut on theMembership and Towing package. ITOA does not get the 10% discount on the Towing services, kinda weird since we all tow.

Pat
Ron

Post by Ron »

Pat -

I think they run a special deal for the Power Squadron and USCG Auxiliarly. A little cheaper perhaps.
Ron Marcuse