New site admin, $ needed for annual fee

Use this forum for questions, comments, or concerns about this web site.
PNW Telstar

New site admin, $ needed for annual fee

Post by PNW Telstar »

I have agreed to help do the admin chores on our website. Many thanks to Ron for doing it this recently, even after the lost his T28.

A short intro: I have T28 hull #316 for about 2.5 years, her name is Bitacora and is kept in Boise Idaho where we are near surprisingly excellent lake sailing. Had a great cruise through the San Juan Islands last month. My crew and I are preparing her for the race to Alaska for June 2024. There is a cool story behind the boat's name if anyone is curious. This website and people like Ron on it have been invaluable for helping me navigate the boat's operation.

I need a head count of people who are willing to help contribute to the $210 for the $250 annual website fees due next month. I am assuming it will be a small enough group that I can send each donor a Venmo link (or alternative for you), and then all contributors will be able to see all the transactions, for transparency in managing the groups $. Hopefully we can get below $25 pp, maybe towards $10/pp. I will report out the summary of receipts and payment.

So please let me know asap if you are willing to contribute

-Matt Germino
wooden

Re: New site admin, $ needed for annual fee

Post by wooden »

I am glad to contribute. Please set up a Venmo or other type of account to make contributing easy.
Steve & Mittie Wooden
Bayou Vista TX (Galveston)
"Gnarly's Poop Deck" Hull #340
PNW Telstar

Post by PNW Telstar »

Thanks Steve

My Venmo is
MatthewGermino@MattGermino1
Last 4 of cell is x7841

Hopefully everyone will want to do Venmo and then you should all be able to see the transactions for transparency
wooden

Post by wooden »

I did send $25 to your Venmo account. Please conform you received it.

Steve
Steve & Mittie Wooden
Ron

Post by Ron »

Matt -

I can transfer the $32.50 balance of the current Telstar Paypal account to your new Venmo account. Will Blue Host work with this? You might have to create a new paypal? If so, I'll transfer it there instead, and you will have to link Blue Host to it.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Ron

Post by Ron »

Matt -

I tried to send the $32.65 paypal balance to your Venmo account (MatthewGermino@MattGermino1). It did not work - did not recognize the account name. I'm canceling the paypal account soon, probably move it to one of my other accounts to hold it there until you get something going.
Ron Marcuse
wooden

Post by wooden »

Now I am worried that my $25 went to the wrong account. I never did get verification from Matt that he received the money. I hope the communication improves.
Steve & Mittie Wooden
Ron

Post by Ron »

I've never used Venmo. It looks like it could do it, but I'm not sure if our Blue-Host web provider can bill it?
Ron Marcuse
Ron

Post by Ron »

Paypal received the bill today. It was not paid. The site will go down in about 2 weeks. Someone has to contact Bluehost and take care of this problem. The site name is telstarowners.net.
Ron Marcuse
PNW Telstar

Post by PNW Telstar »

I am just back from a bareboat charter on the Great Barrier reef, Whitsundays, I have been out of contact for several weeks
Thanks Steve Wooden for the contribution, it was received. Ron I did not see the $ transfer but you do have my Venmo address correct. Ron I will contact Bluehost.