Conversion software

Use this forum for questions, comments, or concerns about this web site.
seicam

Conversion software

Post by seicam »

Hi,
I've seen in one of the announcements on the site, that you guys are planning to buy some conversion software for $200 to get the data from the other (old) site. That seems like a bit steep price for cach-strapped association. I'm a software eng with background in databases, I cannot promise too much, but I may be able to help find a better solution. Let me know what you need, we can take this into PM area if needed.

I'm all for saving the association some cash and letting the site continue to run. It's a great resource!

Thanks,
Maciek
Dan

Conversion software

Post by Dan »

Seicam—

The $200 isn't for conversion software, it is for a utility program that helps manage the SQL database backend, which can also be used for the data conversion.
Ron

Conversion software

Post by Ron »

Maciek -

My error. I figured I didn't have to fully explain what the software will do for us. Most people wouldn't understand or even care about it. I agree with Dan that it could make it easier for us to manage the data tables in the message database, especially if someone who's not that computer oriented eventually winds up with the job in the future. Note that there are currently thousands of messages that must be managed and converted. I would apprecitate any help that you can give, but it's up to Dan to OK this. He's working on it now - not sure if the job can even be split up.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
seicam

Conversion software

Post by seicam »

Thanks for clarification. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Cheers,
Maciek