New Commodore needed soon

Use this forum for questions, comments, or concerns about this web site.
Ron

New Commodore needed soon

Post by Ron »

I expect to sell Tri-Power in the next few weeks. Too many physical and other medical issues to deal with. Can't sail it anymore. It's got to go.

The association will need a new commodore soon. I'll hang around for a few months to help in the transfer. Note also that we have a total of around $100 left in the bank and paypal accounts. This will have to be replenished before next October. The website costs around $300 per year.

The job is fairly easy. Support the site, answer questions occasionally, and admit new members. This is the tricky part. We average around 20 requests to join daily. The vast majority are spammers and others trying to break in. I admit maybe 1% of those trying to join. Look at the user id and email address - it's fairly easy to spot them.

Ron Marcuse
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Tri’d n Sail’d

Re: New Commodore needed soon

Post by Tri’d n Sail’d »

Hi Ron, thanks for all you have done as Commodore. I hope a seasoned Telstar sailor will roger up to this and if no one else comes forward I would be honored to take the reigns as I am now retired and have a little time to donate.
Jim Parsch
Sunshine & Whiskey
Telstar 28 #339
Bedford, IN
Ron

Post by Ron »

Looking for someone to take my place as Commodore in the next month or less. Boat was damaged in Hurricane Ian, and the insurance company has called it a total loss. They've picked up the trailer already, boat will be gone very soon. I believe it will wind up at an IAA auction, probably in Florida.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Tri’d n Sail’d

Post by Tri’d n Sail’d »

I'll do it.
Jim Parsch
Sunshine & Whiskey
Telstar 28 #339
Bedford, IN
Ron