Scammers trying to get ID's

Use this forum for questions, comments, or concerns about this web site.
Ron

Scammers trying to get ID's

Post by Ron »

For the last few weeks, we've been hit by around 10 to 20 "new users" every day who appear to be scammers or similar fakes trying to register for a new ID on our system. They are not getting in. I've gotten to the point where any "new user" who has an email id, url or country of origin that does not look honest or real is being discarded. I'm very careful, but I suppose that that there is a chance that I may accidently toss out a real person. I'd rather not let in hundreds or thousands of these fakes in. I do not understand why they want to get in - we're a very poor small club.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Tri’d n Sail’d

Re: Scammers trying to get ID's

Post by Tri’d n Sail’d »

Thanks!
Jim Parsch
Sunshine & Whiskey
Telstar 28 #339
Bedford, IN
Ron

Post by Ron »

I'm still knocking out about 10 "new users" per day. Email address, user name or location do not look real. I occasionally pass someone through - perhaps 1 out of every 50.
Ron Marcuse
Ron

Post by Ron »

The average seems to be creeping up to around 30+ everyday. I'm getting to the point where I just quickly scan the id's and email addresses and knock just about everything out. I apologize to any real people who are trying to join.
Ron Marcuse
Ron

Post by Ron »

We've been averaging about 10 fake id's a day now. Better than the 30 or so from last month. I changed one of the options on the site. Unregistered guests are no longer able to send out emails or anything else to any members. One got through a few weeks ago. Probably won't happed again.
Ron Marcuse
Ron

Post by Ron »

For the last 2 days, we've been getting over 200 requests to join the site each day. Can't handle this kind of volume, so I've been erasing them all after doing a very quick scan. Sorry to any real user out there who wants to join.
Ron Marcuse