Is anyone out there?

Use this forum for questions, comments, or concerns about this web site.
Ron

Is anyone out there?

Post by Ron »

The site has had some problems over the last month or two, but it seems to be stable now - at least on my computer. But there have been no posts over the last 3 weeks or so. Is anyone out there? Could somebody please respond to this.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
ggreen

Re: Is anyone out there?

Post by ggreen »

Hi Ron,

I go on the site often to check for new posts so I know its working.
gary g
Hull52

Post by Hull52 »

Switched from the boat project to the house project for the winter. I'm still out here.
BoarX

Post by BoarX »

Another live soul here, working on my trailer weight distribution hitch.
West Lafayette, IN
2009 Telstar 28 Unicorn
Sail #383 (hull?)
Member of Clinton Lake Sailing Association
Mangodoc

Post by Mangodoc »

Glad the site is fixed- I’d almost given up. Thanks for all the work of dealing with it.

I’ve been waiting to post updates- Trinity is now electric, busted and repaired an ama hinge, etc. I’ll get those posts made soon.
Mangodoc
s.v. Trinity
Ron

Post by Ron »

Once again - Is anyone out there? Been very quiet for about a month, just wondering if this site is still working, or the corona virus is slowing us down. I haven't used either boat or done much else in the past 2 months. Hope everyone pulls through this thing.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Mangodoc

Post by Mangodoc »

I think it’s the pandemic. I’m still here, still enjoying Trinity, spent a week quarantining on her after taking care of Coronavirus patients. Sailing on the lagoon, beer in one hand, fishing pole in the other. It’s a tough job...

But I broke her (again) the forward fiberglass tubs that the amas pivot on keep breaking. Retracting the amas there is way too much resistance. I’m pretty sure my main hull is carrying too much weight and the buoyancy of the amas put them in a bind on retracting. I plan to half flood the amas and test that theory once she’s repaired.

But yes, I’m still here.
Mangodoc
s.v. Trinity
ggreen

Post by ggreen »

Still out there. I don't think my marina is up and running as there is no-one in their slips to date.

I had the same problem with my amas. In fact I also ripped the port side front fiberglass where the hinge is located. I beefed up both fronts with additional fiberglass and re-bolted with some starboard behind the bolts. I found my problem to be a combination of the blocks that the cables go through where jamming between the hull, netting and cables. They even damaged part of the amas. I removed all the blocks and the cable and replaced them with lines. Also, one of my amas sits higher than the other and jams on the long step that closes over the ama when it is closed. Since removing the netting and closing blocks on the amas I have not had any major tension trying to close them.

Sorry that my explanation may be a little awkward. Its a little hard to describe what's going on.

Stay safe,

gary g
BoarX

Post by BoarX »

Our marina on the Clinton lake in Illinois is scheduled to re-open on May 1st. Hoping to move the tri out of storage this Thursday, fingers crossed. And yes, I am still here :)

Cheers,
Alex
West Lafayette, IN
2009 Telstar 28 Unicorn
Sail #383 (hull?)
Member of Clinton Lake Sailing Association
Tri’d n Sail’d

Post by Tri’d n Sail’d »

Here.
Jim Parsch
Sunshine & Whiskey