Site is back up

Use this forum for questions, comments, or concerns about this web site.
Ron

Site is back up

Post by Ron »

Was away for about a month, got back and the site appeared to be down. Took a few days, but it seems to be working now. I don't think that we still have a webmaster. He sold his boat and is probably involved with other things. I can sort of do it, but if anyone else out there has more experience - would you like to volunteer?
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Hull52

Re: Site is back up

Post by Hull52 »

Thanks Ron. Hey, you still bring your boat up and down the coast or are you in Florida permanently now? I would like to see an engine pod up close if possible It is the only thing I need to replicate.
Ron

Post by Ron »

Boat is permanently in Punta Gorda Florida. Has been for about 6 years. We are now permanent as well.
Ron Marcuse
Ron

Post by Ron »

IMPORTANT:

With Bluehost's help, I was able to get the site back up. But we have got to do an upgrade on the ppp Bulletin Board software before it crashes again. Our webmaster, who sold his boat, can't be reached. It's a little beyond my abilities now, so is there anyone out there who knows how to do this? Don't have the money in the bank to pay someone. I'd rather not attempt it myself. We could lose the whole thing.
Ron Marcuse
Tri’d n Sail’d

Post by Tri’d n Sail’d »

Thank you Ron for your efforts. So much good information here.
Jim Parsch
Sunshine & Whiskey
Telstar 28 #339
Bedford, IN
Ron

Post by Ron »

The site came down again. Bluehost sort of fixed it, but it's got problems that will eventually crash it again. We probably have to update the phpBB software. They won't do it - it's our problem. Our webmaster is no longer with us.

We can't afford to hire an expert. SO, IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO KNOWS HOW TO DO IT !!!
Ron Marcuse
BoarX

Post by BoarX »

Ron, what has happened in the first place? The software was working fine. I have no experience with phpBB, but the whole situation looks a bit strange. There are hundreds of forums with associated software out there and I see them running without problems for years. Is it somehow related to recent changes made by Bluehost (I presume this is the hosting party)?
West Lafayette, IN
2009 Telstar 28 Unicorn
Sail #383 (hull?)
Member of Clinton Lake Sailing Association
Ron

Post by Ron »

We made NO changes at all. It came down in September, I got Bluehost to get it back up when I returned to Florida around 9/15, and it went down again about 10 days ago. They now say it's our problem, but I bumped it up to the next support level. Maybe they will do it. I got a volunteer from our group to work with me, so ??

Ron
Ron Marcuse
Ron

Post by Ron »

Not sure how much longer the site will be working. Error messages when it loads, and I can't get into the administrative section. Can't add new users, do backups, upgrade the software etc.

IF ANYONE KNOWS phpBB PLEASE CONTACT ME !!!!
Ron Marcuse
deromas

Post by deromas »

finally something works. accepts my friendship on facebook, we talk to each other via messanger, so let's see if we can fix the forum. in requests of friend, search Pietro from Italy