the mistery of the Telstar 35ft

Talk about the older Telstar 26 and 8M
pablojd

the mistery of the Telstar 35ft

Post by pablojd »

Hello every one, I am finding almost impossible to get any information about the 35ft, more than about 8 were built and for what I can figure out there is between 4-7 alive, some newspaper scans, some wikipedia info and that's about it.
Even in this website I could not find anything...
Well I just had the pleasure of purchasing one in Spain and I am really excited as I think is a gorgeous looking boat and really spacious, now it needs a ton of work (built in 1977) and not too well maintained.
Any other 35ft owners?
Any tips? Any crazy long trip?
My "plan" in a future (if time and money allows it), would be to go to Mauritius (as I have good friends from there) and continue to south east Asia, If anyone here has done something like that on a trimaran of any size, That story would be a great read!
thank you for your time
Hull52

Re: the mistery of the Telstar 35ft

Post by Hull52 »

The literature for the T35 is in the archives for this site. Here is a link to an illustrated brochure with the specifications and 1974 prices. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7QCmk ... rp=1&hl=en#

And promotional literature. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7QCmk ... rp=1&hl=en#

How is yours powered? Ive seen one with a Ferryman diesel.
pablojd

Post by pablojd »

thank you so much! the brochures are super cool! mine has a saab diesel 18hp engine that runs like a champ, is there any 35ft in the us? any other info about the boat would be much appreciated.
Hull52

Post by Hull52 »

I have some old Telstar Newsletters somewhere. I recall that there was an article about the T35 in there. I'll post it if I can find it. I have never seen one in the US.
pablojd

Post by pablojd »

I have seen a 2 in my life (both in the salt lake mar menor in murcia, south east Spain) , the one I didn't buy has done at least one round the world trip, the one I bought has not been used much, it says number 6 in the papers, but stil an over 40 year old boat that has not received much care. we are working hard on it, I will upload some pictures as it gets more presentable.
regards
JonnyQuestiii

Post by JonnyQuestiii »

VERY COOL!!

looking forward to photos if you still have the yacht and or still use this AWESOME site!!

regards,
michael