Forum Topics Layout

Use this forum for questions, comments, or concerns about this web site.
Ron

Forum Topics Layout

Post by Ron »

Now that the 28 seems to be joining the 26, 35 and 8 in history, I was wondering whether it would be beneficial to add some more topics for the older boats. Doesn't seem fair to have a half dozen or more topics decicated to the 28 on the main index while the rest are sharing one. It would be nice to have 3 main topics on the first page (general, 28, 26 & 8), then break that up after the user selects one with the mouse. Or maybe divide it up some other way? I'm not sure if this forum software can support this layering though - maybe Dan can respond to this.

Any suggestions?

By the way, it looks like PCI will be sub-contracting the building of the Gemini to Hunter. They already did one, with about 2,000 pounds of corion, etc. in the cabin. The Telstar looks to be in limbo right now. I think Tony likes retirement. He's coming down here in a few weeks with his Gemini. I don't know what he's doing with his modified Telstar.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
seicam

Forum Topics Layout

Post by seicam »

Anyone out there with some capital to take the molds and resume building?

On the forum layout, looking at the overall activity, it should be the 26/8m group with more "space" and the 28 group relegated to a few smaller folders :-) But seriously, I think it's a good idea. I would divide the topics into one that are common for all of us (like Cruising) and then have model-specific sections for technical aspects, like systems, engines, etc.

Regards,
Maciek
Ron

Forum Topics Layout

Post by Ron »

I may start playing with it a drop. Just a test to see what we can do. Maybe break the top level down with 2 more categories. Leave the general stuff where it is and move the 28 and 26/8m to individual areas. But it will be just a test. I won't move any actual topics or postings around.
Ron Marcuse
Graham

Forum Topics Layout

Post by Graham »

I think it is a good idea to expand on the web site. In fact I would like to see a separate photo section showing boats by serial number and also photos of improvements, modifications etc. Now that Telstars are out of business maybe expand on a section for buying repair parts, canvas, dodgers etc. We as a group could search out vendors post it to the group and buy in quantity. For instance someone was talking about buying a canvas winter cover for their Telstar. If there was interest from a few owners I'm sure we could get a better price from a vendor.
Ron

Forum Topics Layout

Post by Ron »

Good idea, but some of this stuff (photo's, etc.) should be going onto the web site itself. The forum is not set up for photo storage, a ship's store, etc.. Unfortunately, Dan has total control of the site and he seems to be missing in action as far as improving the web site or forum. He must be rather busy at work or ?? If he'd grant some priveleges to some other qualified users, maybe we could help him do it?

I've tried to do a few group deals in the past, not much interest other than the short tiller, where we distributed maybe 8 of them at manufacturer's cost.
Ron Marcuse
Pat Ross

Forum Topics Layout

Post by Pat Ross »

I think this is a good idea.