Secretary

Use this forum for questions, comments, or concerns about this web site.
Pat Ross

Secretary

Post by Pat Ross »

Hello,

I am volunteering to be the Secretary of the organization. Please contact me so I may be able to begin this duty as quickly as possible.

Regards,
Pat
Ron

Secretary

Post by Ron »

Thanks, Pat. With the banged up shoulder I can really use some help now - and you can keep the job for as long as you want.

Dan - could you please set Pat up with an id and password on the forum with the same administrative priveleges as mine. Use an appropriate id based on his job. I'll walk him thru it via a few phone calls - can't do much else now.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Pat Ross

Secretary

Post by Pat Ross »

Since you are in such distress I emailed Dan for help with access. So what is the sound of "one Hand clapping", not funny I know, only those of us who have had that type of shoulder repair can trully appreciate doing the simple things, like going to the head, best of luck.

Pat
Ron

Secretary

Post by Ron »

Pat -

Did Dan give you a user name and password yet?

The registration waiting list is getting large - maybe 200 to 250 names on it now. I just went thru it and activated a few user names that looked legitimate. The rest could be spammers, but someone has to go thru it to check it out. I deleted a few of them, but it's hard to do this stuff with my right arm and shoulder bound up. What took me 15 seconds to do now takes a few minutes.

Let me know when you get it and I'll show you what to do over the phone. Thanks again for volunteering to help out.
Ron Marcuse
Ron

Secretary

Post by Ron »

Dan -

Pat was kind enough to volunteer to help out. Could you PLEASE set him up with a Secretary user id on the forum, with similar access to Commodore. Or you could go thru the new user registration list yourself if you wanted to. The list is growing daily and I'm having a lot of trouble doing this kind of work with some medical problems - including the now un-usable repaired right shoulder. I shouldn't have to sit here and spend hours trying to do things which used to take minutes. The work is not getting done, and there could be some legitimate owners or other users trying to join the forum.

Thanks.
Ron Marcuse
Ron

Secretary

Post by Ron »

Pat -

Spent about 2 hours going thru the registraton list. Approved 2, knocked out about 70 probable spammers. There are still several hundred left. I'll try to do some more in a day or two, but the list is growing faster than I can do it. I'll try emailing Dan again. Maybe you should do the same?
Ron Marcuse
Pat Ross

Secretary

Post by Pat Ross »

Ron,

I hope you are continuing on the mend. We sold our Telstar 8M, but my interest in this sailing forum continues and my offer to become the Secretary of the group still holds. Should we be able to work out the details so I may function in that capacity please let me know.

All the Best,

Pat
Ron

Secretary

Post by Ron »

Pat -

The sling is gone, so I've got a little more movement in the shoulder now. Still can't do that much though. But I can drive now! I feel like a kid who just got his license. Physical therapy is interesting. They say that if your therapist is good, you will hate him; or No pain, no Gain. I can attest to both. I don't think I''ll be able to get the Telstar into the water until February, and even then I'll need help. The boat is in Punta Gorda (FL) if anyone nearby wants to give me a hand. It could also be interesting for a prospective owner to see this happen.

I found an easier way to handle the new registrations. ANY user name or email that looks phony immediatly gets rejected. I can knock off around 20 at a time. That's about 98% of them. I check out the other 2% only. I suppose that occasionally I will reject a valid user, and they should send me an PM or email and I'll straighten it out. If anyone wants to help out and Dan is willing to add him or her to the administrative side of the system, then that would only help.
Ron Marcuse