Domain name renewals, etc.

Use this forum for questions, comments, or concerns about this web site.
Ron

Post by Ron »

Dan -

I've been trying to contact you for the last few months via PM and emails. No response, so I guess that you haven't seen them. We've got a few things that have to be done, and probably very soon if not right now. Hopefully you will see this posted message.

1. Our 2 domain names have already expired. We will lose them and access to the forum and web site if someone does not renew. I can do it if you send me the details, or reimburse you if you want to do it yourself. Did you renew it already?

2. I've been getting a red warning message on the administrator screen for several months about upgrading to the new version of phpBB. I don't have the authority or access to do it. Once again, we do not want to lose access to this forum.

Could you please respond to the above, either by email, PM or thru the forum itself. Thanx.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Ron

Post by Ron »

I've been unable to contact Dan for a number of months. In the event this forum goes down or we lose our domain name (same result), I started a "TelstarTri" group at yahoo. Join this group and we'll discuss our options at that point. If we have to start over again, we will probably lose all of the old messages (again). I hope this does not happen. Once was enough.

The following is from the Yahoo email to me -

Here are the details on telstartri:
Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/telstartri
Group email address: telstartri@yahoogroups.com

Ready to start?
Get the ball rolling by posting the very first group message. Then add photos,
create an event, or whatever. In short, make yourself at home in your new
group.

Simply drop by the telstartri homepage now. To keep the online conversation
moving, be sure to invite friends, family, and others who share your passion.
Ron Marcuse
Dan

Post by Dan »

Ron—

I've sent you several e-mail messages regarding the domain name. I renewed them both back in February.
Ron

Post by Ron »

Dan -

I never got the emails. I'll send you the two email addresses that I use (NJ and FL) in a PM. I can receive both in both states, but must send from the address of that state.
Ron Marcuse
Pat Ross

Post by Pat Ross »

OK, so we are staying here, is this correct?

Pat
Ron

Post by Ron »

Pat -

We never intended to leave. I thought Yahoo might be a good place to meet if something ever happens to this forum. It would be nearly impossible to contact everyone here. Many of the email addresses are wrong anyway. The only time I will ever send anything out on yahoo is when there is no other choice.

By the way, this 3rd year is my LAST year as Commodore. But I'll be willing to hang around to help anyone who takes over, or maybe even share the duties with others. There are 4 positions in the association, with only one person doing any work. I haven't even heard from the other 3 in a half year or more. Do we have any volunteers for any of the following jobs - Commodore, Vice Commodore, Secretary/Treasurer, and Web Master. The last job is Dan's and it's up to him to keep it or give it away. But we really have to get the web site up and running so maybe some other techies can help him (if he wants help).

Dan - email me copies of the domain name renewal receipt and I'll mail you a check.
Ron Marcuse
Pat Ross

Post by Pat Ross »

Yahoo backup was a smart idea. Good Thinking!

I volunteer for however I may help. Any position is fine with me, however I would need to know more about the Webmaster Job to consider offering to take that position. I have limited knowledge doing somethings for my own website.

Pat
seicam

Post by seicam »

Dan, Ron,
Can we make sure that the domain password and registration info is in possession of more than one person? It would be a big loss to not have access to this site, in case of for example Dan winning a lottery ticket, quitting his day job and deciding to take a sail around the world :-)

I already offered my help in web-related stuff, if there is a need for that.

Regards,
Maciek
Ron

Post by Ron »

seicam wrote:Dan, Ron,
Can we make sure that the domain password and registration info is in possession of more than one person? It would be a big loss to not have access to this site, in case of for example Dan winning a lottery ticket, quitting his day job and deciding to take a sail around the world :-)
Good idea. How about it Dan? I've got to reimburse you for the domain names too. We have to work out something for the forum and website servers as well. You're the only one with access to either. How about if we put them out somewhere on a public server and we pay the bill. Obviously very few of us would have administrative access to it.
Ron Marcuse
Ron

Post by Ron »

Dan -

Same questions as before -

When do we have to renew the two domain names? It's been about 2 years since you last did it.

Can anyone else have administrative access to the server(s)?

My email addresses have not changed in at least 8 years, and the association will pay any costs for the above.
Ron Marcuse