Telstar 28 trailer layout

Have something to sell, looking for a specific piece of hardware.... this is the place to be.
rorr1203

Telstar 28 trailer layout

Post by rorr1203 »

I just bought a 2009 Telstar 28 without a trailer, always lift stored. I have the 2 main hull bunks, but nothing else. Could anyone send me any information for building a trailer, material list, sizes, anything would be greatly appreciated as I am not having any luck in finding prints or specs? Thank you very much.
Ron

Re: Telstar 28 trailer layout

Post by Ron »

See picture attached. You definitely need the 2 large curved bunks on the main hull and the 4 adjustable supports on the amas. Not that sure about the 4 other (adjustable) supports on the main hull - 2 far forward and 2 far aft. I think PCI put them there mainly to steady an un-folded boat on the trailer. But they could help position the boat on the trailer when retrieving it. I always use the aft ones to help locate the boat (length wise) - the main hull has stainless loops under the aft deck which should be directly above the bunks when coming out of the water. Some of us do not use them for trailering, especially for shorter local trips.

You should take a good look at one of these trailers before you start to build one.

trailera.JPG
trailera.JPG (127.33 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
rorr1203

Re: Telstar 28 trailer layout

Post by rorr1203 »

Thank you Ron, I do have the 2 main bunks that were used on a lift. I bought heavy duty 2"X2" square tubing to span the trailer frame, as I could only guess what size was needed.I bought a 5 starr trailer that I used to transport about 900 miles, ended up putting 4X4's to support the amas, otherwise the boat shifts every time you hit a pothole. If anyone knows the specs for the add ons, I could sure use them. Thank you very much