Trinity, 2006 Telstar28 hull #342 is for sale

Have something to sell, looking for a specific piece of hardware.... this is the place to be.
Mangodoc

Trinity, 2006 Telstar28 hull #342 is for sale

Post by Mangodoc »

Trinity has done her job! She has provided me and my family with hours and hours of great times and I LOVE THIS BOAT! But I need a bigger one for family. I’m looking for a Gemini 105Mc to replace her.

The PO had installed a second motor mount on the starboard side and she originally came with twin Mercury 25hp motors. Last year I replaced them with a single new Elco 20 48v 165amp electric motor and a new Tohatsu 6hp kicker. I still have all four motors, and am willing to negotiate which motor(s) come with the boat for a given price.

Specs and upgrades:

New trailer 2018. The trailer that comes with a Telstar 28 is a Venture VBT 5800 that is significantly underrated for the true weight of the boat and trailer. I replaced it with a VBT 7900 galvanized tandem trailer with 15” D rated tires. She tows very well with this trailer

New CDI roller furler and genoa 2019

New custom sailpack 2018

New bottom paint 2019

New 12v (6v x2) 220Ah house battery bank

Replaced Lewmar windlass motor and switch 2019

Pressurized fresh water system 2018. Also cleaned and re-lined the fresh water tank and installed an extension sprayer (like on your kitchen sink) in the galley sink for cockpit showers and dishwashing.

Custom teak cabinets and galley table installed by PO, unsure of year. This gives Trinity an abundance of counter and storage space that is lacking in other Telstars. The down side is it ties up some sleeping space.

Small AC/DC reefer installed by PO works well.

400ft Dacron asymmetric spinnaker on roller furler standard from PCI.

Laminate mainsail is original and needs replacing.

Bimini and full dodger are functional but need repairs.

Two Lewmar 40 ST sheets winches and two non-ST halyard winches all work well.

Primary 20lb plow anchor with 200’ heavy chain rode. Rocna 22lb and large Danforth secondaries with short chain rodes and 200’ rope.

Original Raymarine ST60 Tridata depth, speed and wind indicator. The depth works well but the speed gauge doesn’t function. The wind indicator needs the vane and cups replaced.

All standing and running rigging is intact and functions well.

Centerboard and rudders kick up and extend appropriately.

Bomar cabin hatches all work well without leaks. Hatches on ama decks leak slightly, a well described issue on Telstars.

Mast raising system has been used lots and works well single-handed.

Price for Trinity is $50,000 without motors. I am listing her on this site only until October, then will expand to the rest of the market if she doesn’t sell here. I want to sell any two of the following motors with her:

Circa 2010 Mercury 25hp with remote throttle and steering. I have two of these but do not recommend putting both on due to weight. I will sell either or both for $1500 each.

2019 Elco 20 (20hp equivalent) 165amp electric motor with remote throttle and Noco Genius 4 bank 48v charger, WITHOUT battery pack. I tried to do this with a big 225ah lead acid battery pack but it was too heavy. LiPO batteries would be ideal but are expensive (for now). This motor has maybe 20 hours on it. $3500

2019 Tohatsu 6hp kicker. Way less than 100 hours, runs great. $1400

Email me at mangodo@gmail.com if you’re interested.
Mangodoc
s.v. Trinity
Mangodoc

Re: Trinity, 2006 Telstar28 hull #342 is for sale

Post by Mangodoc »

If you followed Hurricane Sally as she stalled on her westbound track, gained strength then turned northeast to hit just west of Pensacola, you know her unpredictable nature left little time to change plans if your boat was in the Pensacola area, which mine was. Trinity was docked at Grand Lagoon Yacht Club on the ICW about two miles from the Alabama line, maybe 10 miles from where Sally made landfall. I’ve just gotten the text from a yacht club member- the docks are destroyed and all the boats are gone. Only pilings remain. I have no idea where Trinity rests, probably in the woods somewhere. Odds are she’s a total loss, so sad news. Needless to say, I won’t be selling her any time soon, if at all.

But she’s just a boat. Please keep the residents of the Alabama gulf coast and Florida panhandle in your thoughts as they struggle through this tough time.

Mango
Mangodoc
s.v. Trinity