I want to buy an '08 or '09 Telstar28

Have something to sell, looking for a specific piece of hardware.... this is the place to be.
Ric K

I want to buy an '08 or '09 Telstar28

Post by Ric K »

I've decided I want to buy a Telstar 28 I've been researching them for a while. I live in San Diego and will pick up and tow a boat within a 3500 radius. I'm a cash buyer, I've been a serious boater for 20+ years.

I want 2008 or 2009 with a good trailer that can travel. I want a boat that has been well cared for and maintained. Light use and freshwater use are a real plus. For my needs, the tall mast version and the 50 hp. motor would also be a plus.

If you want to sell your '08 or '09 Telstar contact me directly. I would prefer a private deal rather than going through a broker. I'm sure we probably know more about the boats than most brokers would. Why pay their fee if we don't have to.

You may email me at rickuehne@yahoo.com

Ric
Ron

Re: I want to buy an '08 or '09 Telstar28

Post by Ron »

Good luck finding one. Not a bad upgrade, but there were only a few tall rigs made. Maybe re-think the 50hp option as well. You don't really need it and the boat sails better with the much lighter 20 horse motor hanging in back.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Ric K

Post by Ric K »

Hi Ron,

I've read about the 20hp. vs. the 50hp. We get light winds in San Diego. I cruise a lot and have to use the motor more than I care to admit. I go to Catalina a few times a year. It is 60 nautical miles straight into the wind from North San Diego County (Oceanside) where I dock my boat. I'm hoping the Telstar will point well so I can sail up the coast to Newport and then tack to Catalina.

Ric
Seamus

Post by Seamus »

Hi guys I have a 2008 Telstar 28 with the taller mast and a 50hp motor. It has every option offered for this boat and I added a sail pack last year. Here is a link to a video we shot on it for my sons Ecig company that we shot in San Diego bay last year. I will post the classified ad this week on here with more pictures

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OTglSK_yGNA