2007 Telstar 28 For Sale in CT

Have something to sell, looking for a specific piece of hardware.... this is the place to be.
GarryOwen

Post by GarryOwen »

Hello,

We've had Pain Killer in Mystic, CT, for two years. Now I'm transferring to Europe and cannot bring the boat. Suzanne and I would like to find a good home for her.

Telstar 28 -- 2007 Model Deluxe, hull no. 363
Venture Trailer: upgraded with Disk Brakes for both axles
Engine: Honda 50 h.p., and approx. 125 hours
Sails: Main, 150% genoa, Screecher; professionally cleaned and inspected
Head: Wilcox-Crittenden manual
Garmin GPSMAP 5208
Raymarine 1000 Tiller Autopilot
Raymarine VHF
Raymarine ST60 Wind and Tridata
Guest Smart Battery Charger for 2 marine deep cycle batteries
Galley: Tasmin 2500 2-burners and broiler
Bimini and Dodger

This is a clean, fast trimaran that is ready for the water, especially if spring comes early to New England!

It is priced to sell at $73,000. If interested, please PM me or write to brett dot sortor at gmail dot com and I'll send you a spec sheet.

Thanks,
Brett & Suzanne
GarryOwen

Post by GarryOwen »

I'm afraid time has run out for me. The boat will either be listed with a broker or stored for future use.

I appreciate this site. The information and help has been excellent.

Regards,
Brett
SteveM

Re: 2007 Telstar 28 For Sale in CT

Post by SteveM »

I'm interested in finding a Telstar 28. I really don't know how to navigate this web site. Steve Mangelsen smangels@rushmore.com
Gene

Post by Gene »

Don't feel bad Steve, the site has just recently moved here... it should pick up! Used boats pop up every now and then, good luck!
Plash Island, AL
USA
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Thanks Gene At least I know this is working. We talked to a couple on a 28 when we were up in the Apostle Islands a year or so ago. They were impressed with the boat and loveing it. So I've seen one and wish now that we had sailed with them a little. The thing looks really good on paper but You know a Mac 26 looks good on paper too. We are trailer sailing a Caltalina 27 and it's getting to be too much work as I get older. Do they really sail that good and do they feel as solid as my 7000 pound mono? There is one for sale in Fla. that I kind of think I might go look at. Is there any big problem that a person should look for? Steve
Ron

Post by Ron »

Steve -

If you make it down to Florida I'd be happy to give your a ride on mine, weather permitting. We're in Punta Gorda until early May.

Unlike most trimarans, the 28 Telstar has a very solid feel. It was designed as a fast cruising boat, and won't really lift an ama totally out of the water in under 20 knots of wind. I can easily pull away from most monohulls under 40 feet long. For example - I've done nearly 17 knots in about 22 knots of wind. But I'm not sure if its that much less work (overall) than your Catalina. The mast is easier to get up though, and you can do it yourself. If you want EASY check out some of the cat boats. I've got a 20 foot Compac Horizon up north, and can get it into or out of the water in about 15 minutes.

We lost our domain names and old site when our webmaster went MIA. About half of our members have not found our new ones yet.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Gene We are going to be in Fl.in Feb. for sure. We have a boat rented for a week at Burnt Store. It's an Etap 32 named Promise. Would be great to get a short sail on your boat and have someone who understands them give me a tour. Steve P.S. Dates from 16th to 23rd.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Ron Excuse me! Not use to forums and assumed I was answering Gene but same goes. Would love to get together Stevem
Ron

Post by Ron »

Steve -

I expect to be around most of February. Maybe head over to Miami for the boat show for 2 or 3 days? Give me some warning when you will be here. We're about 8.9 nautical miles north of Burnt Store Marina, in Punta Gorda Isles.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"