Need ST60 Masthead Equipment

Have something to sell, looking for a specific piece of hardware.... this is the place to be.
wingman

Post by wingman »

I need the weather vane and spinner that sits atop the mast for the ST60 instrument. If anyone has replaced their system with a better one and would like to sell their unit, let me know.

thanks,

John
Ron

Post by Ron »

John -

Before you spend some boat-bucks, what's wrong with yours? I've rebuilt several Raymarine and other units. The usual problem is that they sometimes lock up because of a lack of lubrication on the bearings and stop spinning. On the Telstar, they sometimes seem to die because the contacts on the wiring connector (Hella?) at the base of the mast tends to corrode and cause a loss of data. Raymarine (not my favorite company) told me to replace mine and re-soldering the connectors at the base solved the problem. You've got to make that connector really waterproof to avoid these problems.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
wingman

Post by wingman »

I hate to admit it, but in the process of hauling, lowering the mast, trailering, painting, cleaning and returning to the ramp to put her back into Bay, the little bugger disappeared. I fear that I was not careful about storing it when we took it off.

John