Telstar 26 MkI Hull #61 For sale

Have something to sell, looking for a specific piece of hardware.... this is the place to be.
Pat Ross

Post by Pat Ross »

Andre

Post by Andre »

# 61 is no longer for sale I bought it about 4 years ago. The posting has never been taken down for some reason.
Andre
Pat Ross

Post by Pat Ross »

Andre,

Sorry, just found it and posted it for others. Where are you located?

Pat
Andre

Post by Andre »

Pat
I sail out of New London Connecticut. I have also towed the boat to Maine and New Hampshire. Hope to take the Telstar south one winter, I need some warmth. The winters get longer every year.
Andre
petrel

Post by petrel »

Andre,

Does your boat still have the main sail track on top of the cabin? If so how well does the curved track work for sail shape off the wind and how do you like it? The original track location is on the lower seat in the cockpit and it does get in the way and the main sheet clutters the cockpit. Several reasons why I have considered moving the track on my boat. If you have any other comments I would be really interested in hearing them.

Thanks
Geoffrey
Andre

Post by Andre »

My boat still has the track on the cabin top. The curved nature of the track is a slight problem. When letting the traveler out I have to let the main sheet out as well. I also added a boom vang to control twist when sailing off the wind. I like the new arrangement it keeps the clutter out of the cockpit. Some people don't like the high loads a mid boom sheeting can apply but the MK1 Telstar has such a small main I don't think its an issue.

Andre