8 meter Road Trailer

Have something to sell, looking for a specific piece of hardware.... this is the place to be.
Rick B

8 meter Road Trailer

Post by Rick B »

Road Trailer

I have a road trailer for an 8 Meter Telstar not required
It has 4 new wheels and tyres however the brakes need some attention. It is sitting in Leigh On Sea Essex England.
If anyone wants to collect it you can have it free of charge, or anyone feeling generous I would swap it for a replacement rudder blade.

Rick
Telstart 175 Weird Fish
Marina

8 meter Road Trailer

Post by Marina »

Hi Rick. Interested in the trailer. Just wondering if you have any more info on it? Just trying to ascertain weather or not it is better than the one I currently have which requires a lot of work. Has it towed your Telstar recently? what is the general condition? Condition of suspension units and brakes?

Cheers
Frazer.
Rick B

8 meter Road Trailer

Post by Rick B »

Hi Frazer

It towed my boat from Hull to Essex a number of years ago when the previous owner purchased the boat., but has not been used since.

As far as I am aware it is an originl trailer it has scafold clips welded in the relivant places for fittimng support poles under the wings if the boat is left on it folded out during lay up. I used to do this but now find it easier to sit the boat on blocks in the yard.

The trailer has 4 wheels last year I fitted 4 replaacment wheels and tyres complete I was advised the original set were from an Austin Maxi however replacments were located on a Hyundi Sanata.

The trailer is fitted with the original axels hus etc however the brakes are presently locked on and the braking cable has snapped.

If the wheels were freed it could be towed however would need some work prior to towing the boat.

I am presently paying anual storage for something that I cannot see myself using again and as such would be happy to let you have it FOC if it is of any use, if you like I can take some photos of it and e mail them to you.

Regards

Rick
Marina

8 meter Road Trailer

Post by Marina »

Hi Rick. So the trailer has axles rather than indespension units? Do you know the manufacturer of the axles and if the brake parts are available today? Pictures would be very helpful thanks. andrewgharvey@dsl.pipex.com

Cheers

Frazer
isaacsman

8 meter Road Trailer

Post by isaacsman »

Hi Rick
Have you still got the trailer?

Mike
Rick B

8 meter Road Trailer

Post by Rick B »

Hi Mike

Yes still got it, I last said I would post a couple of pictures however have been busy in the boat yart getting ready to go back into the water next week so it got put on the back burner.

If you want any details let me know and I will forward as soon as poss.

My direct e mail is rrb@aws.co.uk
Marina

8 meter Road Trailer

Post by Marina »

Hi Rick. Thanks very much for the pictures, they were very helpful. I think we would like to take the trailer if thats still ok? It's in better nick than ours and i think that something could be made of yours with modification.

Kind regards,

Frazer Harvey.
Peter

8 meter Road Trailer

Post by Peter »

Rick,

You still have the trailer? Am just looking to buy an old Telstar but is has no tralier.

rgds

Peter
Rick B

8 meter Road Trailer

Post by Rick B »

Hi Peter

Sorry for delay in reply regret the trailer has now gone

Rick