You Tube Video

The Telstar 28's Owner's Manual, equipment user manuals and other related documents.
dcarl

You Tube Video

Post by dcarl »

We just posted a video on You Tube that my wife put together from this spring and summer sailling. She's trying to get more visiters to Pensacola.

"Visit Pensacola, Sail Like a Pirate" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpmz6n-1drs

David Carl
Pat Ross

You Tube Video

Post by Pat Ross »

Hi David,

I am just over in Milton, nice job on the video. Until folks visit I don't think they know what a sailors haven it is down here both outside in the Gulf or inside with all the bays and inland waters.

Pat
Cathyalan

You Tube Video

Post by Cathyalan »

Saw your video for first time today...don't know how I missed it. Very nice.
The "backs" you have on your railings on the cockpit sides...custom made? If not where? Do you have a still picture of one of them.

We came across a couple with a Corsair while sailing the North Channel, Lake Huron this past summer. They told us that the Florida Gulf Coast has become somewhat hostile towards transients, affording them little slippage and prohibiting anchoring in many areas. They basically told us not to bother going down there because transients are not welcome. Is the Panhandle different?

Alan

Cathyalan
Cathy & Alan #313
Ron

You Tube Video

Post by Ron »

That's all changing now. The state (FL), with backing of Boat/US and other groups, passed some legislation baning this transient descrimination. Most of these towns have changed their policies. It was mostly diected to those living on board for months at a time in one location.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
dcarl

You Tube Video

Post by dcarl »

Sorry it took so long to reply, been traveling.

The back's on the cockpit sides are factory made, came with the boat. They're nothing more then a strarboard, with rounded edges, and West Marine rail clamps.

I've Cruised the the Panhandle for last ten years and never been hassled when I anchor, lots of good anchorages between Mississippi Sound to the west and Carrabelle FL. We've cruised from Pensacola to Key West along the coast on a Monohull for up to 3 months at a time rarely going into a marina with no problems, and spent 10 days cruising sailing Charlotte Harbor last spring in ShockWave and had none either. A launch ramp and a place to leave the trailer and truck when your sailing on the west coast of Florida can be hard to find and takes planing and phone calls.

But over all the Panhandle and upper gulf coast is really fun to sail, lot's room in the bays and sounds white sandy beaches, and not nearly as many power boat knot heads as down south. Where else can you watch the Blue Angles practice during the week , see a whole class of future airdales parachuted into the bay to practice survival, and play on lots of undeveloped barrier islands.

Come to Pensacola, sail like a sailor
/David Carl
ShockWave #327
Aimel

Re: You Tube Video

Post by Aimel »

Hi,
The video is not available on Youtube anymore?
Rgds
Mangodoc

Re: You Tube Video

Post by Mangodoc »

Aimel wrote:Hi,
The video is not available on Youtube anymore?
Rgds
It's there. I just watched it. Anyone still sail Telstars near Pensacola?
Mangodoc
s.v. Trinity