Trailer for Telstar 28

A forum about Trailering, Launching and Retrieving the Telstar.
captainzman

Trailer for Telstar 28

Post by captainzman »

I sold Nice Tri, Hull #23 to a buyer who needed a trailer. We found a place in North Port, FL called Harbor Welding Service that specializes in converting conventional trailers to carry cat hulls. The Telstar posed a little more challenge but fortunately there were several factory trailers in the area from which measurements could be taken. The price is reasonable and the work is excellent. Contact Ryan Phillips at 941-999-7245 for further info if interested.
---sailing often into the sunset.
sebrof

Re: Trailer for Telstar 28

Post by sebrof »

I'm taking possession of a Telstar 28 which is sitting on a Venture trailer. I drive a Jeep Wrangler Sahara two door and am wondering if this would be sufficient to pull a trailer and boat this size. Not on a regular basis but in the short term - getting from dealer to home.
Thanks,
sebrof

Post by sebrof »

2012 Jeep Sahara Wrangler 2 door - pulls 3500lbs whereas the Venture trailer with Telstar is 4800lbs. I have my answer.
Ron

Post by Ron »

"whereas the Venture trailer with Telstar is 4800lbs"

Guess again, it's more like 6500 pounds with the Honda 20, more with the 50. The boat is substantially heavier than specs, and Tony added several hundred pounds of galvanized steel bunks and supports to the trailer. Several people on the site, myself included, have weighed it and they're all about the same.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"