Boat Lifts

A forum about Trailering, Launching and Retrieving the Telstar.
Mark G

Boat Lifts

Post by Mark G »

These are some pictures I took when I took delivery of Erin. They aren't perfect, but they should be close enough. While you can't see the cradles, you can see the support beams that they are attached to.
Ron

Boat Lifts

Post by Ron »

The lifts may be a little differnt, but I put the "2" in Telstar 28 over the aft cradle on the starboard side of the boat. I expect that yours should be similar.I don't have any photo's of the side of the boat on the lift - just fore and aft and angles.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
rorr1203

Boat Lifts

Post by rorr1203 »

Ron, thanks for all of your help with my lift questions. We brought @ Last home Friday evening and got her up on the lift for the first time. I have a few adjustments but for the most part she's seems to be pretty happy on the lift. Once she was up on the lift I realized why you had the steps built next to your lift. I spent the afternoon yesterday building a set of steps.

https://vocuspr.vocus.com/vocuspr30/Vie ... Q2goaKE%3d
Ron

Boat Lifts

Post by Ron »

Bob -

I had two reasons for the steps. One, obviously was the height of the raised boat above the dock. Not an easy step up. The second, and probably more important one, is that the 8 1/2 foot wide folded Telstar is sitting in the middle of a 14 foot wide lift. That's a looong step across.
Ron Marcuse
rorr1203

Boat Lifts

Post by rorr1203 »

As you can see, if you looked at the picture, I edge my boat over the the dock side a bit, but yea it is still a long step. And after climbing up and jumping off the boat a number of times Saturday evening I knew the Sunday project was going to be all about steps.
Ron

Boat Lifts

Post by Ron »

They do it differently up north. Mine has the two motors across the boat, yours same side. Each of my motors turns a shaft which rolls up the two cables on that side. It's a 2 to 1 purchase because the cables are raising heavy duty blocks on the main beams, the other end of the cable being attached to the beam. Your cable seems to run parallel to the cradles - firmly attached to the piling on the other side of the boat, with much shorter pilings. Interesting.
Ron Marcuse
Mark

Boat Lifts

Post by Mark »

]For boat positioning on a trailer or lift, mine is positioned correctly (rear U-brackets in center of rear supports) when the through-hulls are at the forward edge of the front trailer bunk.

I have just installed a lift that keeps the amas extended. Handy for getting into the amas and working on the boat while on the lift, for storing stuff on the amas, saves a little time in and out, should be a little more stable than the folded version, and impresses the neighbors!

2.jpg (136.79 KiB) Viewed 63 times

3.jpg (83.04 KiB) Viewed 63 times

Ron

Boat Lifts

Post by Ron »

It's a nice way to lift the boat if you have the room. Considering the walkways, the lift must be 20 or 21 feet wide.
Ron Marcuse
Mark

Boat Lifts

Post by Mark »

Ron

22 feet, I had the pier built so I could specify the widths. The lift is rated for around 8600 lbs but with the extra wide beams the safe working load is lower.

Mark
Gene

Re: Boat Lifts

Post by Gene »

Does anyone have any more lift pics? I'm now in the market for one myself...
Plash Island, AL
USA