Venture Trailer

A forum about Trailering, Launching and Retrieving the Telstar.
Cathyalan

Venture Trailer

Post by Cathyalan »

When we purchased our Telstar28 the Ama support pad, adjusting bolt was bent so the pad only goes up so far. It barely supports the Ama. I'm guessing the previous owner hit something with it. Does anybody know where I can get a replacement bolt and/or what is the exact size of the bolt?

Thanks
Alan
Cathy & Alan #313
Jerry

Venture Trailer

Post by Jerry »

Alan,

I may have your question incorrect as if it is what I think you are asking you have 3 others you could remove and check for size and length.

Anyway if it is the bolt that pushes the support up to support the AMA then on my trailer it is a SS 3/4-10 by 6" all thread bolt. The local Fastenal store did not have them in stock in all thread but was able to order me a couple. Fastenal has many locations so you should be able to find one near you or a similar type store (Nutty Bolt Co.). I had to replace 2 of mine because I had not tightened the lock nuts one time when I was towing the trailer empty. Who knew a 3/4" bolt could walk it's way out and go buy-buy on the street. Luckily my wife was following (not to close) and stopped me before I lost all of them.

Jerry
Ron

Venture Trailer

Post by Ron »

Alan -

There is a floating nut inside the stand. Verify that the nut was not mangled as well, and that it has usable thread. They sometimes wind up a little angled and that could strip the thread on the bolt or nut.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Cathyalan

Venture Trailer

Post by Cathyalan »

Yes, that's the one. It does unscrew so I assume the nut inside is fine. I didn't know the thread size...10...thanks. We do have a Fastenall here.

Alan
Cathy & Alan #313
BoarX

Re: Venture Trailer

Post by BoarX »

In case someone looses that bolt, here are the nut and bolt from McMaster-Carr:

93190A894 Super-Corrosion-Resistant 316 Stainless Steel Hex Head Screw, 3/4"-10 Thread Size, 6" Long, Fully Threaded
$12.85

https://www.mcmaster.com/93190A894

94819A061 Super-Corrosion-Resistant 316 Stainless Steel Hex Nut, 3/4"-10 Thread Size, ASTM F594

https://www.mcmaster.com/94819A061

Verified the fit yesterday.

A.

P.S. Here are also split lock washers, same 316 stainless, should further help to prevent loosing those bolts:

https://www.mcmaster.com/92147a036
West Lafayette, IN
2009 Telstar 28 Unicorn
Sail #383 (hull?)
Member of Clinton Lake Sailing Association
rorr1203

Re: Venture Trailer

Post by rorr1203 »

I just bought a 2009 Telstar 28 without a trailer, always lift stored. I have the 2 main hull bunks, but nothing else. Could anyone send me any information for building a trailer, material list, sizes, anything would be greatly appreciated as I am not having any luck in finding prints or specs? Thank you very much.