Refrigerator

Posts about the Galley and Head systems, including plumbing, water, and propane
Cathyalan

Refrigerator

Post by Cathyalan »

I purchased a Dometic CF-50, AC/DC, 1.7cu. ft., 52 quart refrigerator/freezer. The day it arrived I set it up in my living room with an Interstate SRM-24, 85 Ah, 12 volt battery. I set the thermostat at 37 degrees F. Room temperature was 71. It ran for 3 days and drew the battery down to about 45-50% @12V.
I had some food stuffs and beer and wine in the refer and opened it a few times a day.
I ran it without the insulated cover, which I also purchased. The cover supposedly makes the refer about 20% more efficient.
We sail the Great Lakes so it seldom gets above 80 or even 70 on the water, especially overnight.
We will be spending 9 days off Door County at the end of June. I'll let you know how a real-world test goes.

www.makariosrv.com/products/Portable-Fr ... cu.ft.html

Alan
Cathy & Alan #313
seicam

Refrigerator

Post by seicam »

Thanks for the post. Does it fit by the side of companionway steps?

Regards,
Maciek
Cathyalan

Refrigerator

Post by Cathyalan »

The refer is 25" wide with the handles off and 14 inches deep. I installed a DC outlet at the aft end of the port bunk and that's where the refer goes. We have chosen not to use the port bunk as sitting bench nor bed, so we don't carry the cushion with us. There is just the two of us and if we have an overnight guest(s) they sleep in a 2 person tent with double air mattress on an ama. We use the port side space for storage. We are usually out for 7-10 days at a time.

Alan
Cathy & Alan #313