Shower?

Posts about the Galley and Head systems, including plumbing, water, and propane
tricruiser

Shower?

Post by tricruiser »

tricruiser wrote:
Dan wrote:On many of the Telstar 28's there are several diverter valves.

The first is a three-position valve under the head sink and determines whether the sink drains overboard (handle in the outboard position) or to the head intake system (handle in-board). If the handle is straight up, the sink drain is effectively closed. A similar three-position valve is used as the seacock for the raw-water intake for the head. IIRC, with the handle to port, the head flushes with sea water. With the handle centered, parallel to the hose, it is effectively closed, and with the handle to starboard, the head flushes with grey water—either from the sink or the shower drain. There is a diverter valve in the 1/2" hose that selects whether the "fresh water" flush is from the shower or the sink.

Then there is normally large 1-1/2" diverter valve that determines whether the head pumps into the holding tank or overboard, through the large seacock.

On my boat, the head flushes directly into the holding tank. I moved the large diverter valve in to the pumpout-fitting line and one side goes up to the deck pumpout fitting. The other goes to a Whale/Henderson Mark V diaphragm pump and to the seacock. This allows me to dump the holding tank when at sea or pump it out using a pumpout station. With the normal setup, there is nothing you can do if the holding tank is full and you do not have a pumpout facility nearby.
Hello Dan,

I am very interested to do this modification as I will be mostly at sea and with very few pumping stations.

Would be nice to get a sketch of the modification.
In the meantime I will try to work it out looking at the head system.
Many thanks

Tricruiser
Hello , Its me again Dan,

Looks like the What mark V pump is a manual one? Where did you install it? There is not a lot of room down there!
Thanks
Tricruiser