Stove Replacement

Posts about the Galley and Head systems, including plumbing, water, and propane
vancouver

Stove Replacement

Post by vancouver »

Well the Tasman stove now sits in my garage in pieces. There was a substantial corrosion in all the lines, but the worst is in the stainless steel tube running from the value to the nozzle. The low point must have held water and allowed in to corrode, it is solidly blocked. I have been able to clear out most everything except that piece. I'm not sure even if I get it cleared, it should be trusted. I am also not wild about trying to fabricate a replacement.

The only replacement I can find that is the correct size is a Plastimo unit. Everything else is from 1/2" to 3" to wide. I am also thinking of counter mounting something link a Force 10, about 5 inches in height. I don't really care about the broiler.

Anyone have any recommendations?
Graham

Stove Replacement

Post by Graham »

I bought a Plastimo stove for my boat. When I received it the manufacturers ID plate said the unit was made by Leisure products in England. I believe that most if not all stoves on the Telstar are Leisure Products stoves. Before I bought the stove I looked everywhere for a less expensive stove that would fit that space, but to no avail. Did you try PCI for spares?
vancouver

Stove Replacement

Post by vancouver »

Leisure products is also the manufacturer listed on the id plate for the Tasman 2000 that came with the boat.

I didn't try PCI for any spare parts. At the minimum, I was going to need all three tubes running from the valves to the burners. The main distribution tube was also partially blocked, but I was able to clear it. The stove connects to the propane line with a compression fitting, I would prefer a flare fitting.

I decided on an alcohol stove which will fit in the same space width and depth, but is shorter.
Graham

Stove Replacement

Post by Graham »

Just an update. Bolton whose web address is marinecooker.co.uk manufactures Leisure Products, Tasman, Neptune and Plastimo stoves and ovens. I spoke with the company and was told that Plastimo in Miami is handling spare parts for them, if you are not successful with Plastimo or if you want to deal direct then you can call or email them. I found them very obliging and helpful to my questions.
vancouver

Stove Replacement

Post by vancouver »

Thanks for the post. I ended up purchasing the Origo two burner alcohol stove. It is the same size as original stove. After having used the stove for the past year, I am very happy with the stove.