Installing instruments in cockpit

Posts regarding the electrical systems and electronics on a Telstar.
captainzman

Installing instruments in cockpit

Post by captainzman »

Nice Tri did not come with the optional instrument package so I am thing about adding a wind instrument. How does one access the back panel in the the salon? The vinyl covered box above the galley sink seems to be attached by velcro but it is anchored on one side by the companionway molding and on the other by the two screws holding the jam cleat. -Mark Z, Nice Tri, #323
---sailing often into the sunset.
wooden

Re: Installing instruments in cockpit

Post by wooden »

Mark,
I am assuming you want to put instruments in the port side and want to have a cover over the back of the instruments over the sink. I recently added a Garmin wind instrument and an autopilot. What I did was use an attractive plastic cover to hide the back of the instruments. I cut through the wall cover and exposed the back of the cockpit panel. That made for easy access to the wires. I then found a nice cover. It was a "Valterra A77018 'P Series' Nu Tru White Boxed Screen Door Slide", for $10.59 on Amazon. I had to trim it just a bit to fit how I wanted it, but it look very attractive and provides easy access to the back of the instruments. I hope that helps.
Steve & Mittie Wooden
Bayou Vista TX (Galveston)
"Gnarly's Poop Deck" Hull #340