Frame D position for mast stepping

Posts about mechanical systems on a Telstar, including the outboard engine.
jedrek

Frame D position for mast stepping

Post by jedrek »

Hi,

I'm a new Telstar owner, hull#326.Yesterday stepped up the mast. Pretty impresive setup, did it almost trouble free.
In the second faze however frame D was touching the spreaders and pulled out couple of screws that secure t-track to the deck.
Frame D was set in the most forward position, moved it to aft and that cleared frame from the spreaders and the rest of procedure completed trouble free.
Wonder where on your boats do you have frame D attached to the t-track and/or if you move it during the procedure.

thanks
Ron

Re: Frame D position for mast stepping

Post by Ron »

On some of the earlier boats you've got to move this frame forward or aft. Mine is different, so I'm not sure which is correct. Hopefully someone with your version will respond too.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
vancouver

Post by vancouver »

From the Manual for T28 #329 on Raising the Mast

"Pay special attention to the frame 'D' to make sure the base of the frame has been slid back on the track to within 4" of the stern end of the track ( which is the 2nd to last position hole). The base of the frame can be moved forward on the track only for the purpose of lowering the top of the frame so that it is roughly level with the mast. Failure to move the base of the frame "D' back before raising the mast will stop the mast from going up completely and potential pop the track up from the deck."
jedrek

Post by jedrek »

Ron and Vancouver, thanks a lot for your input.

Andrew