Short Tillers for the Telstar 28

Posts about mechanical systems on a Telstar, including the outboard engine.
Ron

Post by Ron »

The association is going to buy the new short (36 inch) tillers directly from H&L Marine Woodwork. These are the heavily varnished mahogony and ash tillers made for the Telstar 28. The price will be considerably less than anyone else in the world, including PC. Cost will be $46.80 plus around $15 shipping if they drop ship them. Higher if they are shipped to me and I have to repackage and ship again.

Your discount will be worth nearly 6 years of the $10 dues to be a member. More details are in the members section.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
occasion

Post by occasion »

What is the length?

Sandy
Occasion #368
Ron

Post by Ron »

It's 36 inches long, down from the stock 43. The first message says that too. Much better for a small cockpit - you can tack without hitting everyone.
Ron Marcuse
occasion

Post by occasion »

Ron,
thanks for the response. My "Male pattern blindness" made me miss the 36" in the first post. I could not find the additional info about how to order. Can you provide more info?

Thank you.

Sandy
Occasion #368
Ron

Post by Ron »

It's in the "Members Only" section in the Boat Project forum. As a member, you should have access to it. The association is buying them (as a dealer) 5 at a time and is re-selling to any member at cost, drop shipped from the H&L factory. There's still one slot left for the first group. But I can raise the number before I send them a check on Tuesday or so. Let me know before then if you want it. You can send us a check a little later. Probably take a few weeks to get them - they are custom made. The price, $62 with shipping, is roughly half of what you'd pay elsewhere.
Ron Marcuse
occasion

Post by occasion »

Yes, please order me one. I will attemp again to find the members section.

Thank you.

Sandy Burton
Occasion #368
Ron

Post by Ron »

Sandy -

I need to verify your shipping address. Could you send me a Private Message with it. The "Members Only" section consists of the 5 or 6 "forums" at the bottom of the index (1st) page. The one labeled Boat Projects (or similar) is the one with the tiller information. I want to place the order today or tomorrow so we'll get them in a few weeks. They're custom made.
Ron Marcuse
Ron

Post by Ron »

There's one more short tiller lift on the orginal order. I'm mailing it to H&L tomorrow (Wed, 9/16). If you're interested, let me know by noon and I'll redirect it to your address. Any others will have to wait till we have a few more interested owners. Note that you have to be a member of of the association, which will cost you a staggering $10 per year, You'll save about $60 on the tiller alone. Take a look at the Members Only section to see the details.
Ron Marcuse
Don

Post by Don »

Ron , don here from hull 309 that short tiller sounds good is there a chance for a second round order... I am jumping over to the member section to pay my dues this is a hot steaming deal...
Ron

Post by Ron »

I sent H&L a $310 check for the 1st order of 5 short tillers earlier this week. If anyone wants the last one let me know soon. I can change the shipping address in the next week or so. It's currently being sent to me and I'll have to re-ship it after that. They should arrive in about 2 to 3 weeks.
Ron Marcuse