Short Tillers for the Telstar 28

Posts about mechanical systems on a Telstar, including the outboard engine.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Ron, I'll take the last tiller. Let me know if you want a check mailed or I'll come down to the house and pick it up. Thanks graham
Ron

Post by Ron »

Graham -

Send me your shipping address via private message. You're the 5th of the five I ordered.
Ron Marcuse
Telstar 28 #359 "Tri-Power"
Ron

Post by Ron »

The 5 tillers are ready and will be shipped early this week. The lucky five getting them are: Mark G, Dave C, Daniel K, William (Sandy) B, and Don C-S. I asked them to do 2 more for Steven M and Graham O now. I think they will do it, but I won't know until tomorrow (Monday). Graham - could you verify your shipping address.

Let me know if anyone else wants one. I'll try to do 5 at a time, but will do less assuming H&L is willing to accept them. This shorter tiller makes the smaller Telstar cockpit a lot more liveable. A tack or gybe won't get you slugged or slapped, depending on the sex of the person you hit with the stick. It's now the standard tiller on new Telstars.
Ron Marcuse
Ron

Post by Ron »

5 short tillers were shipped today, another in day or two (Steve M), and a 7th in maybe 3 or 4 days. I have to raise the price (by $1.00) on new orders - it's now $63.00 with UPS shipping to the 48 states. The shipping per piece was about $1.00 more than I expected. Still a good deal - you'll pay more than double that anywhere else, if they can even get it.

I'll place the next order when I have a few more owners who want one. I'd rather not do one at a time - they could raise the price on us for smaller quantities.
Ron Marcuse
drsm

Post by drsm »

Ron,

Do you know if my tiller ever shipped? I have yet to receive it.

Steve
Ron

Post by Ron »

Steve -

The last 2 tillers were built and shipped after the first 5 went out. Yours and Graham's were shipped last Thursday. Should arrive about now.
Ron Marcuse
drsm

Post by drsm »

Thanks Ron, it arrived this afternoon. I appreciate the work you've done to organize this.

Steve
Ron

Post by Ron »

I'm putting together another order for the short (36 inch) tillers for the 28. I've got one order already - anyone else interested? Price should be $63 with shipping. Please get back to me within the next week if you're interested.

And a reminder about the Association being an H&L Marine Woodworking dealer. We can get anything they do (incuding custom work) at wholesale prices.
Ron Marcuse
Ron

Post by Ron »

The two new short tillers shipped, with a slight delay to the one going to Canada. UPS needed a phone number to cross the border.
Ron Marcuse
Cathyalan

Post by Cathyalan »

We want one. How do we get one...short of cutting the 4.5 footer down to a manageable length?

Cathyalan
Cathy & Alan #313